I remember how July used to be so exciting when I was younger, it was the true start of summer and best of all, it was my birthday month!
These days, I feel like time is flying so fast, it is now July and I've barely noticed. In fact when Saadia asked me today what I was thinking of doing for my birthday, I didn't even know what she was talking about, my birthday felt like it was ages away!
Another sign of time flying is my lack of blogging! Hard to believe its been 3 months with no posts. Life gets a whole lot busier with a toddler. Leaving them to entertain themselves just doesn't seem to cut it. These past few months we are really enjoying getting to know our daughter. Her personality has emerged and there is no doubt, she is one saucy lady. Always trying to cause destruction and mayhem whenever my back is turned; squeezing every tube of anything she can get her hands on, toothpaste, lotion, lip gloss. Nothing can be left on any surface reachable by tiny hands.
We've discovered the Science Centre (what a great place for kids!), every park and playground in our hood (now we can't pass one without having to stop in it) and of course, Ed's ice cream and Starbucks. Marley loves to drink her starbucks ice water out of a straw and sample as many free ice cream flavours as she can. I'm so glad to live in Leslieville, its become even more meaningful now that I get to rediscover it through Marley's eyes. Just today, we tried Paulette's homemade donuts and fried chicken and Marley definitely gave those donuts a thumbs up! (A cinnamon sugar covered sticky thumb at that.)
I've been riding my bike like crazy, made it all the way to the Humber River Bridge (that's all the way in Etobicoke people!). It took me all day to get there and back and I had to ignore the fact that rollerbladers were passing me on the uphills but the point is I managed to get there and back in one sweaty piece.
Last weekend we visited the Etobicoke Ribfest and enjoyed a gorgeous (and hot!) afternoon on the straw mat with ribs and many of Marley's play mates. I'm sure y'all have already seen the photo above on Facebook, but its become one of my favourites of Ms. M and its from our ribfest afternoon so I'm reposting it on my blog. Hopefully I'll be able to post again before the summer ends, now to get back to my freshly baked chocolate chip cookies! (Something else I haven't done in awhile... bake!)
Happy Summer Everybody!!

1 comment:
Seriously...where does the time go. I too need to update my blog, just can't seem to find the time.
Post a Comment