Its the new year and I only have one blog post to show for it, what is going on? Well, first of all, I have given up on my lousy camera which means no photos taken which makes me less inspired to post. Then Marley refused to get any substantial sleep due to major teething and now I have the worst cough ever! I never got sick, no fever, no flu symptoms, just woke up with a scratchy throat one day and the next day had a terrible terrible incapacitating chest cough. I often end up coughing so hard that I make myself throw up or gag on a daily basis. Its been hard to get any sleep which makes it hard to get anything done during the day. I have my fingers crossed I will shake this thing very soon. Especially now that Miss Marley is sleeping just a bit better at night. We went back to cry it out which seems to have been successful enough (went from getting 1.5 hrs at a time of sleep to 4 hrs!) and she actually wakes up less during the night (back to 3 times instead of the 5 or 6 she was doing before). So things are looking up on that front. I just need to shake this cough.
Since my mom has been taking care of Marley for us I've been fortunate to come home to cooked meals ready and in front of me at the drop of a hat and weird remedies that get shoved down my throat (pears and garlic?) but I don't mind because when you're sick, there's nothing like having mommy take care of you! And of course my house is spotless, and my daughter is very well cared for. I am very very lucky and am enjoying every minute of it!
2 comments:
So sorry to hear you are sick, but so glad you have your mom there to take care of the whole family. Way to go helping Marley sleep better at night. I am sure it was not easy for you or Gerwyn. Moms…a beacon of light in the dark, a bandage on a wound, and the provider of unconditional love. Whatever form it takes, her love is undeniably powerful enough to change the world. Enjoy your time with your mom. What an incredible blessing.
Get better Di! Being sick is not fun especially when you have a little one to take care of. I'm glad things are working out well with your Mom looking after Marley.
Post a Comment