Monday, October 17, 2011

One sick baby

Last week was awful! I mean terrible, awful. Marley contracted some kind of virus on Monday and by 11pm was on fire with fever. She moaned in pain and was just miserable. She moaned all night and no one got any sleep. After two days of staying indoors with her and using all of my conniving skills to trick her into taking some medicine, we finally got the fever manageable but then she stopped eating. She actually stopped while in the fever stage but for the rest of the week, she continued to refuse any and all food. I managed to get her to breastfeed once in awhile but for the most part, she just survived on what little fat her tiny underweight body had. She continued to moan at night and refused to go to bed altogether, crying and crying for hours at a time. I'm thinking she either has a major stomach ache or major teething. She does grab her mouth and keep biting her hands. Whatever it is, today, finally, was the first day I saw my old Miss M back. She smiled, she ATE (woo hoo!) and even played with her food, putting it in her mouth before throwing it half way across the room.

Here's hoping the worst part is over and my baby will start eating again...

No comments: