This has been a saga. People say that looking for a job is a job in itself. They must not have had to look for daycare in the city. After putting my name on every waiting list within a 25 km radius to us (and I did this while pregnant mind you,) not one spot became available. So I had to widen my search. I decided to look more towards an area where I could be working and lo and behold, a spot was available. It was called Kids and Company and they specialize in childcare for people who work in the downtown core. And they charge rates that equal the GDP of small African countries. (And they still make you bring your own diapers and wipes!) I decided to give it a try for two months and see how Miss M would do. Last week was our first week and I'm still recovering. After spending an entire year of being her decision maker and watching her every move, it was quite a shock to realize that she is now being moulded by strangers. And other kids. Other sick kids I might add. Runny noses all over the place, it took everything in me not to wipe all of their noses (since the daycare workers didn't seem to...)
Every morning there is crying while I peel her off of me and crying again when I return to pick her up but the ladies at the daycare say she's actually pretty good. She eats more, sleeps for 2 hours (who knew?) and likes to play with the other kids. So I guess there are positives to daycare but when I spend what little awake time together rushing to get her to daycare in the morning and then rushing to get her to bed at night while barely having any time to see any of her actual development, I'm starting to wonder if this is really worth it. I miss my baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment