Sunday, April 17, 2011

PrOOnes

Bathing a baby alone is definitely an artform. With iron fortified cereal comes constipation and the solution is Prunes. But PrOOnes = poo, and large amounts of it. I was going to take a photo of my bathroom to show you all the aftermath but I figured there might be people eating while reading and I wouldn't want to do that to you. Let's just say its bad news. The poonami goes up the back and out the neck and unfortunately its become a regular occurance. Combine that with a super squirmy baby and I have no idea how you are supposed to get the bath done in one piece. I wish there was a manual. Maybe some of you can give me tips? Between taking off her clothes and trying not to get poo all over myself or the bathroom, plus turning on the water so its warm when she gets in and then figuring out how to bathe her slippery body and get her in a towel, the logistics are just too much for me! I'm glad the prunes can relieve the constipation but I'm not so happy with the crime scene that's left afterwards...

3 comments:

Cya!! said...

Haha!! Thank you for sparing us the photo, unfortunately I have a vivid imagination. Good luck with all that poooohhhhhh! hehe!

Carolyn said...

Poonami...wow! Maybe you've overdone the prunes, eh? My advice would be to have everything you need ready and within reach....Water, towel, soap, shampoo, toys, then strip the baby. That's all I've got...Good Luck!

Catherine Kim said...

:) Cut back a bit on the juice or dilute it? Then.....
1. Get the water ready and running. Don't fill up the tub. If she has been in the poop for a few minutes already, then a few more won't hurt her while you get things together.
2. Undress yourself down to your panties.
3. Lay out large plastic garbage bag on bathroom floor upon which you will undress her. Wipe her off with her already soiled clothes. Smile, tell her she did great pooping and sing a song.
4. Get in the tub together. With her hanging over your forearm so her butt in facing you, use the shower head to rinse her off. Rinse the tub while you are at it, then sit her down and let her rest on your forearm. Repeat. Rinse your legs and arms while you have her resting on your forearm and exit the tub together.
5. Get her dressed and then take care of the aftermath.
6. Get yourself a glass of wine, say a prayer of thanks that you little girl doesn't have to suffer the pain of constipation and for the strength you have to do all of this and not break your back.

There is nothing a mother can't do. Happy Mother's Day.