Monday, December 27, 2010
Merry Christmas and Marley's 100 Day Celebration
Christmas Day was spent at our friends Candace and Fulton for some pre dinner drinks followed by dinner at Gerwyn's mom's house. Unfortunately I forgot my camera that day so I can't post any pics. The next day, we officially celebrated Marley's 100 days of life and our family Christmas with a big party at our house. My mom prepared the Korean food, Gerwyn's mom prepared some Filipino dishes and I managed to cook a huge 25 lb turkey. Needless to say, there was a TON of food. We had at least half the turkey left over even after I packed a few to-go containers for people to take home. My mom also bought Marley's traditional 100 Day Korean "duk" cake.
Marley started the day in a very cute "Santa's Little Helper" ensemble purchased by her "lola" (Filipino for Grandmother) and ended the night in her red Christmas party dress. (Which was covered in drool by bedtime.) Our house hasn't been that full since our wedding celebration last year, there were people everywhere, and Marley enjoyed all the attention. We also did our annual cousins gift exchange and "steal" game. Gerwyn ended up with a "snuggie" and I managed to steal a set of "baby cubes" for when Marley starts to eat solid food. But let me tell you, the selection was scarce. There were some interesting "regifts" this year, a glass religious statue that lit up and a box of Kraft Dinner assortment to name a few.
We sent each family home with a bottle of freshly pressed juice that Gerwyn spent the entire day juicing. We did an assortment of apples, pears, carrots, berries and ginger. Its a pleasure I've thoroughly enjoyed and knew my family would enjoy it also. A healthy (and delicious) way to keep you regular!!
By the end of the night we were all so exhausted. All in all, another great family Christmas. I am very lucky to be able to celebrate with such a large family and am very thankful that Marley will grow up with so much love around her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'm exhausted just reading your post. It sounds like a lot of fun was had by all, and most definitely, Marley will surrounded by more love than she can imagine.
Nothing short of what I would expect from a Lee Christmas party!! So glad everyone was there. Marley is looking adorable and you guys look very happy.Much love to all.
Post a Comment