Merry Christmas! Today we celebrated the holiday as a family of 4. We woke up around 10 (yes, we've somehow trained our kids to sleep in,) had a yummy breakfast of chocolate croissants, breakfast quiche and bacon and then opened our presents. It was a very nice Christmas morning and I felt very lucky and blessed to celebrate with my own little family. I spent the rest of the day cooking; braised lamb shoulder, roasted yams and brussel sprouts with kale and bacon. Dinner was deeleecious!
Tomorrow we will celebrate with my extended family at my brother's house. Another Christmas tradition which I am happy to be able to share. Since I was a kid Ive always celebrated with my aunts, uncles and cousins and as our family grows with new babies and becomes smaller with the passing of others, its a blessing that we are able to continue this tradition and pass it onto our kids.
I hope everyone had a very happy holiday and were able to spend it with the ones you love. It really is all you need.
No comments:
Post a Comment