This year was the first year Marley really understood the concept of trick or treating. I was hoping to get away with reusing last year's cupcake costume but someone insisted on being a princess (thanks to tita sally for providing the costume for her birthday!)
At the daycare dropoff, I walked into a room full of princesses (glad to see peer pressure starts at an early age,) and Marley joined all of her fellow princesses for a danceathon.
During trick or treating, I wondered how I would be able to pry most of the candy away from her. While she was going from house to house with daddy, I managed to rifle through her bag and pick out the stuff I didnt want her to eat. I ended up giving it to a couple of older kids I saw trick or treating on the street. When we got home, we separated all of her candy into appropriate food groups (chocolate, chips and crap we didnt want) and I convinced Marls she only wanted to eat a rice krispy square. I've since removed all of her chocolate bars and hidden them away. Hoping to eat them all before she notices, heh heh heh. Gotta love free candy!!!
1 comment:
what a cutie! She looks so big!
Post a Comment